MedSci Publications is mainly involved in publication of peer-reviewed journals in the field of Biomedical Science. Any personal information provided to or collected by Medsci Publications is controlled by Stepup Technosys, Gujarat, India.
We are committed to safeguarding the personal information of our authors, customers, users and employees, while helping our authors, customers, employees, investors, and society create a deeper impact and make the right decisions.
If you wish to contact us in relation to confidentiality of your personal information, feel free to contact us on email@example.com.
Personal Information Collect By Us
What type of personal information we collect depends on your role in publication process and the services we provided to you. We may collect the following personal information about youself:
- Name and contact details, such as, your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number
- Work-related information, such as, job title, employment or education information, affiliation with Institution
- Usage information, such as, behavioral information about how you navigate within our Services and which elements of our Services you use the most and information regarding the goods and/or services you wish to order, wish list, preferences, interest, etc. Other information shared by you through our websites, apps, web shops and other products.
- Computer, device and connection information, such as, IP address, browser type and version and location
How Your Personal Information Is Collected
We and our third-party service providers may collect personal information from the following sources:
- Direct Interactions, such as, when you contact us or register for our Services.
- Data from Third Parties, such as, information on third-party websites or other information you may have made publicly available or information provided by third party sources, including but not limited to government entities and data resellers
- Automated Tracking Technologies, such as, information automatically collected about your interaction with our Services and websites using various technologies such as cookies, web logs and beacons and internet tags
How We Use Your Personal Information
Personal information collected by us is used for the purposes for which it has been provided. It might be further used for statutory or other legitimate purposes only. For example, email address provided by you will be used to respond to your service request. We might further use that information to improve the quality of our customer service process.
Lawfulness of the processing is one of the main principles relating to processing of your personal information - we apply the following legal processing grounds:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests - for example, to improve the quality of our products and services;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or that is otherwise lawful under applicable data protection laws;
- with your given consent.
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Administering our relationship with you and our business, such as providing and managing your access to and use of our Services;
- Improving our Services and developing new products, such as, information on third-party websites or other information you may have made publicly available or information provided by third party sources, including but not limited to government entities and data resellers
- Marketing, such as providing you with marketing or advertising communications that we think you may be interested in. This processing is with your given consent or for our legitimate interests;
- Other general business support purposes, including but not limited to, procurement, financial and fiscal management, risk and compliance management, and external reporting. This processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or that is otherwise lawful under applicable data protection laws or for our legitimate interests.
For How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be processed to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations, and for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information is collected, in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable data protection laws. When we no longer need your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps to remove it from our systems and records or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have put in place an internal framework of policies and minimum standards across all our businesses to keep your data safe. In addition, we limit access to personal information by our employees, business partners, service providers and third-party service providers to a ‘need-to-know’ basis. More specifically and in accordance with the law, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures (policies and procedures, IT security, and others) to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information and the way it is processed.
What Are Your Rights
We will honor your rights under applicable laws. To the extent provided under your local data protection laws, including your rights include the following:
- Right of access ('an overview of your personal information'): the right to get an overview of your personal information that we process.
- Right to rectification ('correct your personal information'): if your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, the right to ask us to rectify or complete your personal information.
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): the right to request that we delete your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law. In certain circumstances, it may not be possible for us to accept your request, for example, when the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or if processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. In some cases, your personal information is necessary in order to provide the Services and if you do not provide such information to us then you may be precluded from accessing and using the Services or using certain Services features.
- Right to data portability (‘transfer your personal information’): the right to ask us to transfer your personal information directly to you. This applies to certain personal information if processed by automated means and with your consent or based on a contract you have with us. On your request, and where technically feasible, we will transfer your personal information to another party of your choice.
- Right to restrict processing: the right to request that we restrict or stop the processing of your personal information held by us for a certain period of time, or for an indefinite period. In certain circumstances, it may not be possible for us to accept your request, for example, when the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds otherwise.
- Right to object: the right to object to the processing of your personal information. The reasons for objection should relate to your particular situation, and be related to a processing based on the legitimate interest condition. We will then no longer process the personal information, unless we can demonstrate compelling reasons otherwise. In certain circumstances you have the unconditional right to object; for instance, in the context of direct marketing activities.
- Withdrawal of Consent: the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time; for instance, after you consented to keeping you informed about our Services, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To exercise your rights and/or for any other questions about the handling of your personal information, we refer you to the 'HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US' section below.
If you feel we are unresponsive or disagree with our data privacy practices, you can also file a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority.
Cookies or similar techniques (referred to collectively as “Cookies”) are small text files or pixels, which might be stored on your computer or mobile device. Cookies may be necessary to facilitate website browsing and making it more user-friendly. Third party Cookies may collect information to analyze personal browsing behavior.
- Necessary Cookies - these mandatory Cookies are needed for our websites to function properly.
- Functional Cookies - these Cookies add additional functionality to our websites.
- Performance Cookies - these Cookies support analytic services that help us to improve our website’s functionality and user experience.
- Interest Cookies - these Cookies can be applied to collect insights to issue personalized content and advertising on our and other websites.
If you do not want cookies to be stored, then you may turn off certain cookies described above individually or you can select the appropriate options on your web browser to delete some or all cookies. Please note, however, that if you block some or all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to use or access all or parts of our websites, such as being able to log on to member-specific areas.
Links To Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to third-party websites, which may have privacy notices that differ from ours. We are not responsible for the collection, processing or disclosure of personal information collected through other websites.
We are also not responsible for any information or content contained on such websites. Links to other websites are provided solely for convenience. Your usage and browsing on any such website is subject to that website’s own policies. Please review the privacy notices posted on other websites that you may access through our website.
How You Can Contact Us
If you have any questions about how we process your personal information or if you want to exercise one of your rights, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates To This Notice
From time to time we may update this Privacy & Cookie Notice or any other specific privacy statement. When making changes to this Privacy & Cookie Notice, we will add a new date to this Privacy Statement. This version is effective per August ,2021.