Peer Review Policy
All manuscript submitted to Medsci journals are first assigned to an editor from the Editorial team. In case the assigned editor is in authors list or has any sort of conflicting interest regrding the manuscript, another editor from editorial board member will be assigned to see the review process of the article. The assined editor will intitally assess the manuscript to check whether the subject line of the manuscipt is aligned with the scope of the journal. If the editor found the manusript suitable, it will be assessed for completeness and checked for all required information required in the manuscript. Based on this the Editor will decide whether the manuscript is suitable for peer review of not and oversee peer review process of this manuscript.
The editor consider has an authority to accept or reject the manuscript. The editor considers many factors including the peer-reviewed reports. However the editor is not bound to peer review report while making decision on the manuscript. A concern raised by one peer reviewer or the Editor themself could lead to the manuscript being rejected. The editorial decision on their manuscript along with peer review report is being shared with authors.
Certain type of articles like Technical Note, CMEs, Correspondence, Prospective, Editorial/ Guest Editorial and Letter to Editor are reviewed by the Chief Editor and Board directly, with help from external reviewers selected by them.
A roboust online peer review system is adopted by Medsci Publications for all it's journals.
Online peer review system
- Manages all the functions of an editorial office online.
- Individualized password-protected area for each author, reviewer and editor
- Automated email notifications and reminders for author, reviewer and editor
- Enables a blind peer review
- Online management of manuscripts up to proof reading stage and online publication
- Independent online platform without any need for other
Advantages of Online manuscript processing system
- Accessible from any computer
- Articles can be received and processed at any time
- Online tracking of submitted Manuscript
- Reduced submission-decision time
- Reduced postage/printing cost
- User Friendly for author, reviewer as well as editor
- Easy record maintenance and performance tracking
Enhanced features on eJManager
- Email alerts
- Plagiarism check
- DOI number
- Multimedia files
- Author side fee processing